Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I want to be with you everywhere

Keith just called from the base of Mt. Bachelor. It's raining, he's cold, he's spent the last 3 hours cleaning the reefer (cook slang for fridge), and he didn't have time to set up his tent when they got there, so he's looking for a place (other than the floor of the reefer) to sleep... only to get back up at 2 a.m. and cook brekkie for 400 people. He said he might get a nap Friday afternoon.

This is when I miss him the most, when I know he's having a hard time. It would be great to make spoons and smell him.


He's sending a dirty shirt home "for Lazlo to smell," but I think I'm going to be intercepting that package and Lazlo can keep smelling his own butt.

I'm not afraid to admit I like Vampire Weekend, despite the fact that there's the hype/overhype/backlash trap. Tonight in my feed reader was a post from a blog that has a new Vampire Weekend song: a cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Everywhere."

This is me putting it on my Zen Micro and heading to bed with this song on Repeat.
Missing my husband.

No comments: