Wednesday, December 29, 2010

old and new

In September we stayed at the cabin at Adams Ranger Station outside of Grangeville and today I got back a roll from my Diana mini that I took (with varying results...) that weekend. I had it set on the half-frame so that's why they're split.





And apparently I wasn't advancing the film all the way at the beginning of the roll because this was the first shot, a three-in-one. AKA a happy accident.



Keith and I spent a couple of nights last weekend at a hotel in Orofino (a getaway for the very broke, which we definitely are) and soaked in their hot tub and watched all 17+ hours of season 6 of LOST in bed and had a very relaxing time without the pups.

xmas getaway

Then Amanda and K2 came down on Sunday and we opened presents, etc. and my mom, Amanda, and I all got alumni sweatshirts, so of course we had to take a photo! (I'm the odd one out.)

With my year-end bonus I rewarded myself with a camera bag I've been coveting for months now, the "Belle" from epiphanie. Not something I could justify buying before, with my measly paychecks, but the bonus was well-timed and I got my bag before Christmas.

But I didn't take it with me on our Orofino photo safari and my 50mm lens fell out of my pocket when I crouched down to take a photo, right onto the sidewalk. I think it still works. We shall see. Lesson learned. Now I have no excuse. And I'm looking more and more professional. My mom drew my name for Christmas and, in addition to the UM sweatshirt, she gave me a new camera strap I had on my wishlist.

I'm working on a Best Reads of 2010 post I'll have up soon...


No comments: