Friday, August 17, 2012

Half-way Through Summer

Half-way through the Summer Spent Separately. AKA working out of state to pay off debts. AKA at least there's True Blood, Dexter, and plenty of books.

Also: blackberries are on. First pick was over 5 gallons, second pick was about 3 gallons.
Still a pick left.

If you've never tried blackberry jalapeno jelly, you're missing out on life.

 
The healthy eating agenda is still pretty much on track. I've been eating a lot of breaded eggplant slices w/marinara, quinoa/klamata olive/feta salad, Italian stuffed tomatoes... well pretty much those three things on rotation. Pinned a lot more recipes I'll probably never get around to making but sound good on my "get in my belly" board.

A rock with a crack it in makes a good recipe holder.

Lazlo always has to protest having to sit for a photo. Petting him the other night I felt a lump in the fat part of his chest, so Mr. Brown is going to the vet next week.

Mia Pia is swimmer extraordinaire. Now only if she could kick the fleas. (Apparently it's a bad year for the, mild winter + wet spring = flea epidemic.)

The river continues to drop every day and when we go in the evenings it's that perfect balance of almost equal air and water temps. The skies have turned hazy in the past week or so, no doubt from all the forest fires. Makes me think of Armageddon. "Cause my worst case scenario brain takes over sometimes.

We haven't had rain for a while now so logically the rain barrel is slowly emptying, between feet washing after the river, filling the dog water bowl and watering the plants on the porch I am not sure how much longer it will last. If we had multiple barrels I wouldn't be worried since the early summer was nearly constant thunderstorms. Definitely need to put that on the list of projects. A friend in Kooskia also posted this rainwater harvesting sketch from Mother Earth News on facebook the other day - definitely like this idea.

The Chief Lookkingglass Pow-wow is this weekend. Last year I shot a few b/w Polaroids and this year I'm taking a whole pack of PX70 Color Shade in the SX-70 - pretty excited.

No comments: