Thursday, October 8, 2009

Strawberries in October

I ate that little red one and it was sweet. Waiting for that big one on the left to fully ripen. If the frost doesn't kill them off first. (They're up against my parents' house for warmth.)

This afternoon I tried laying down with (sick) Keith to read The Sun, but the dogs were going crazy in there because they knew it was nice outside and why are we inside, dammit!! So we compromised. I parked a lounge chair on the deck and they played outside. Tilt of the pic is due to the camera being perched in the crotch of the apple tree as a set the timer and scrambled back to the chair...all nonchalant-like, eh?

We harvested our popcorn last night and got quite a haul. (There were about a gazillion lady bugs all over the corn. I think they might have been laying their eggs there? Do lady bugs lay eggs?) I schucked husked it and then Keith helped me tie it into bunches and it's hanging in the pantry drying. Can't wait to stick one in the microwave and see if it works. If not, at least it's cool fall decoration.

We're heading over the pass to Missoula in the morning and hoping we don't end up stranded in a snowstorm. The main reason to go is to see an exhibition of Pulitzer-winning photographs, the largest collection ever shown in the United States.
I am so stoked.

We're also doing some shopping for things related to the big announcement next week, so that will be fun, too.
If we don't get stranded in a snowstorm.

1 comment:

Dominique said...

Ooooh, I saw that exhibit in Nampa a few years ago. Simply amazing!!