Tuesday, July 14, 2009

harvesting

pickling cucumbers, red/purple carrots, mini purplette onions,
round green zucchini, golden beets

Keith charged up the solar panel for our LED lights today. Hopefully we'll start figuring out where they go and how we want them to look. I saw this interior shot on design*sponge and thought it would be a neat way to wire the tiny house since some of our walls are done and we're obviously not going to tear them down to wire IN the wall.

We're planning a quick trip to Missoula on Saturday to see some friends and buy a few things we can't get here. Getting the Renger over the over the pass might be interesting. On the way up to Coeur d'Alene we were going a max of 45-50 mph uphill. Low gear it is.

This is what happens when you forget to leave the manual transmission in gear on a very slight incline.

2 comments:

Sara said...

This is very inspiring. My husband & I live in a "green" development in Atlanta, GA. My question is about your cats. Are they yours or do they belong to your mom & dad? It is a silly question, but I am just curious. Thank you.

April said...

Two of the cats our ours...we farmed them out to my parents when we went to Mexico. The other 5 are rescued from various places, including one that my sister donated last month.