Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bark, bat, & beans

Today's projects included trying out the newspaper/bark method of weed control.
Case 1: my mom's irises.
She said they haven't bloomed in 2 years.
First we pulled all the grass, weeds, and morning glory.
Then I watered the area and laid down newspaper and watered it.
Then we put down bark.
Now we wait and see if any weeds can survive.

We were pitching our tent this afternoon and we must have disturbed this guy's nap. I don't know where he came from but as I picked up one of our tent poles, I saw something swoop down to the ground. At first I thought it was a leaf. Maybe he was under the roof of the pump house.



The garden is sprouting! W00t! We checked out the Farmers Market @ Long Camp today and there wasn't much competition. Of course, it's still early in the year.

what will someday be beans

No comments: