Monday, July 7, 2008

The aftermath, she is not pretty

Things started to get ugly last night---after a couple of big girl daiquiris I thought it would be a good idea to keep drinking... The old "if some is good, more is better" train of thought.

WRONG!

It wouldn't have gone so terribly awry if I wasn't such an amateur. How I thought I could drink my yearly allowance of alcohol in one night and not pay the price... oh yeah, I was DRUNK.

If Keith hadn't been so kind as to take care of me (making me drink ice water and eat some morsels of food) I would have been dead until Thursday at least. But, fortunately, I did not get sick in bed and I was even awake before 7am. Not doing so hot, but alive and mostly functioning. I begrudgingly ate half a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, but they were not delicious. And it's pretty safe to say I am not eating anything strawberry flavored for the next 10 years.

Oy. I'm going to Lewiston for a supply run with my mom this afternoon, so I better buck up and get in the shower. I found a pattern for shirts I can wear to work (long sleeves mandatory! *cough*bullshit*cough*), so I am on the lookout for good material. Hopefully the end result will be more professional than my horse/zebra prototype.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I had a similar run-in with a couple bottles of tequila last year. I haven't revisited my Mexican friend since.